AFL Auskick Level 1 coaching course for coaching children aged 5-12
All states and territories have a mandatory accreditation policy.
Coaches wishing to become an AFL Auskick coaching coordinator or coach of a junior club team must complete an approved AFL coaching accreditation course.
The Level 1 AFL Auskick coaching course is conducted over 14 hours and is designed for parents/helpers who want to assume a coaching role, organise activities, teach the skills of the game, conduct modified games or assist in other ways.
It has a specific orientation towards issues surrounding the participation and practices appropriate to the development and enjoyment of players in this age range.
- The role of the coach
- Planning and organisation of the training session
- Teaching the basic skills of Australian Football
- Skill games and modified games forming a basic team plan
- Growth and development
- Safety issues/risk management issues
- Candidates will be assessed practically either in course time or 'on the job', or both
- Excellent AFL coaching manuals and further presenters' notes are provided as part of the course
- Coaches are required to agree to the AFL coaches' code of conduct as part of gaining their accreditation
- As accredited coaches, successful candidates receive an AFL Level 1 (AFL Auskick) coaching certificate and are entered onto the national database
If you are interested in obtaining more information on the above courses please contact your state AFL Auskick manager.