North Queensland Auskick Team of the Year Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open only to children between the ages of 5 and 12 years of age (inclusive) who have registered and paid for such registration for the 2016 NAB AFL Auskick program at Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Capricornia and Mt Isa centres only, and must be legal residents of Queensland.
- To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must answer the following question via the link on the AFLQ website:
In 25 words or less why you are North Queensland’s most passionate NAB AFL Auskicker of 2016?
- The nine (9) most passionate examples of 2016 Auskicker’s from Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Capricornia & Mt. Isa regions. Two (2) each from Cairns, Townsville, Mackay and Capricornia, and one (1) from Mt. Isa.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating outlets and the agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- Entrants must have parent/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the Entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering the Competition.
- Competition commences on 15/4/2016 at 9:00am and closes at 6/5/2016 at 5:00pm (the “Competition Period”). These times are in local time in Brisbane, Australia.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time an Eligible Entrant successfully completes and submits his/her Entry Form. There is a limit of one (1) entry per Eligible Entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to invalidate any entries which it reasonably suspects have been submitted: (a) using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information; (b) through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts; and/or (c) in any way in contravention of these Terms and Conditions.
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries, or those which contain offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time during, or after the closing date of the Competition, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The judging will take place at AFL Queensland Training and Administration Office. The prize winner will be contacted and notified in writing by email by 9th May 2016 at 12:00pm. The winner may also be contacted via telephone.
- The draw will involve the selection of a total of nine (9) Eligible Entrants from all valid entries. The prize package includes return airfares for 1 child (the Auskick participant) and 1 adult, overnight accommodation (June 11) and access to the Brisbane Lions vs Fremantle 2016 Toyota AFL Premiership match. Flights to Brisbane will be the morning of Saturday June 11, and return flights home will be in the early afternoon of Sunday June 12. Exact flight times will be determined once participants are selected.
- If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or any part of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that part of the prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. The prize, or any unused portion of a prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The Promoter and its related bodies corporate will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Competition or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Entrants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the Competition, including without limitation the prize and that participation in the Competition and/or using the prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering this Competition and/or accepting the prize, entrants accept that risk.
- Prizes and participation in the Competition are subject to any conditions imposed by the supplier or organiser of the prize and the winner’s school, as applicable, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities, if required
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(a) To disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or
(b) Subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or death; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition or accepting or using the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner provide proof of identity prior to awarding the prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. Prize winner may be required as a condition of accepting the prize to have his/her parent/guardian sign any form required by the Promoter including without limitation a legal release and indemnity form or a declaration confirming the eligibility of the winner to accept the prize.
- The winner must claim his/her acceptance of the prize via email to the Promoter by 5.00pm on 13 May 2016. If any prize is not claimed by 5.00pm on 13 May 2016, the relevant winner’s entry may be deemed invalid and the Promoter may conduct a further draw on 16 May 2016 at the same time and place as the original draw (“Second Draw”), subject to any written directions from any relevant authority. In the event the Second Draw takes place, the Promoter will attempt to contact the winner of the Second Draw via the winner’s email on the day of the Second Draw (and may attempt to contact the winner via telephone).
- Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter and their associated agencies take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- Should an Eligible Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition any changes are subject to State Regulations.
- Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using the Eligible Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- All entries remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may collect Eligible Entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the Competition. If the information requested is not provided, the Eligible Entrant may not participate in the Competition. By entering the Competition, unless otherwise advised, each Eligible Entrant also agrees that the Promoter, the Promoter’s employees, related companies and agents, including but not limited to the AFL, may use this information, in any media for future promotional purposes, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Eligible Entrant, including sending the Eligible Entrant electronic messages and telephoning the Eligible Entrant.
- The Promoter is AFL Queensland, Cansdale Street, Yeronga QLD 4104. Any reference to AFL refers to AFL Queensland.
- If due to any reason whatsoever the Promoter becomes aware after an Eligible Entrant has won the prize that the Eligible Entrant has not complied with these Terms and Conditions, that Eligible Entrant will have no entitlement to the prize, even if the Promoter has announced him/her as the winner and that Eligible Entrant will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the prize.
- Each Eligible Entrant must ensure that any other person whose details have been provided by the Eligible Entrant to the Promoter for the purposes of the Eligible Entrant’s participation in this Competition has given their implied or express consent for their details to be provided to the Promoter and any of its related companies and to be contacted by the Promoter or any of its related companies in relation to this Competition.
- The Competition is governed exclusively by the laws of Australia.
- Any cost associated with entering the Competition is the responsibility of the Eligible Entrant.