Once in a Lifetime AFL Experience for NAB AFL Auskick Volunteers
State NAB AFL Auskick Volunteer winners had a memorable weekend in Melbourne
Seven remarkable NAB AFL Auskick volunteers were rewarded by NAB and the AFL on the weekend with a trip to Melbourne and a money-can’t-buy AFL experience as thanks for their outstanding contribution to the NAB AFL Auskick program.NAB congratulates the NAB AFL Auskick Volunteer of the Year state winners for 2014:
- VIC – Melissa Fowler from the Mortlake NAB AFL Auskick Centre
- NSW/ACT – Marelle Sharpe from the East Sydney JAFC NAB AFL Auskick Centre
- QLD – Rick Norder from the Whitsundays NAB AFL Auskick Centre
- TAS – Craig Perry from the Smithton NAB AFL Auskick Centre
- SA – David Rose from the Port District Football Club NAB AFL Auskick Centre
- WA – Troy Bennet from the Busselton NAB AFL Auskick Centre
- NT – Louella Pettit from the Karama & Manunda NAB AFL Auskick Centre
Each winner (and a guest) were treated to an exclusive workshop and tour of AFL House with AFL legend Shane Crawford and AFL football operations manager Mark Evans. The group were also VIP guests at the AFL Official Function for the first elimination final on Saturday night between North Melbourne and Essendon.
The seven worthy winners were selected for their outstanding contribution to their local NAB AFL Auskick Centre.
NAB AFL Auskick Ambassador, Shane Crawford, was thrilled to be a part of the NAB AFL Auskick Volunteer of the Year Award Finals Experience for 2014.
“It’s just fantastic to see that the volunteers who keep NAB AFL Auskick alive and well in every corner of the nation are being recognised by NAB. Congratulations to the winners!” Crawford said.
NAB has been Footifying Australia for over ten years through NAB AFL Auskick, NAB AFL Rising Stars Program and NAB Challenge. In many ways, they have supported some of the AFL’s greats from the grassroots up, whilst growing the game in all corners of our great country (not just on the big stage).
Through support of the NAB AFL Auskick program, NAB continues to Footify Australia; genuinely growing the game at a grassroots level and supporting tomorrow’s stars of football. Every year, over 170,000 kids across the country are ‘Footified’ through NAB AFL Auskick.